Thursday, February 25, 2010

21 Days of frustration


Well 21 days of little time to work on models give's you plenty of time to break a bunch of them. My Delphan Gruss has hit the floor no less than three times. I took it as a sign to change him from an Inquisitor to a Magos Biologis with the addition of a Fabius Bile Chirgeon servo harness. Needless to say he still has a way to go befor he is finished.

Above and Below, is the initial work to convert a Rapier Laser Destroyer Mk I into a tracked gun servitor by adding the torso of an Iron brotherhood tracked servitor to the seat and building his 'socket' out of two Chaos Marauder shoulder guards. The arms will be made of Dragon Forge Cabels which come in three sizes, and will link in at the fire controll panel at the rearof the gun. I am thinking about using a Kolony Ferral head from Pig Iron models to give it a different apperance from the IB tracked servitor I already have. (by the way the sculpter has recently created a new set of weapon arms for the tracked servitor which should be done in March).

Below is a 'Squat Thudd Gun' the next pic down in a Mordian Heavy Bolter Gunner which I am green stuffing to make him fit sitting on a seat mounted to the center brace of the guns platform. his legs will dangel below the carriage. Thinking of using one of misterjustin's 60mm gun positions from Secret Weapon Minitures for this. Needing two Mordian HB loaders.they and the gunner will be Navel Infantry.

I added this pic of one of my two compleat ultra rare "Impreial thudd Gun's" as they will also be part of my Navel Inantry unit. I am also wanting Mordians to crew them but am not sure what figure's to get to man them. Any one have any Idea's? My third gun of this type I am thinking abut setting up as destroyed by either a missile or artillery hit, and amgoing to use the Preatorian Casualties as dead crewmen. They dont have pith helmets so look like face down Mordians.
SPOILER ALERT

In the past three weeks I have purchased "Rave's Flight" the Horus Heresy audiobook. Gav Thorpe has written an amazing story. Now I love reading. There is nothing like the joy and excitement (well almost) of turning that next page to find out what the author is going to throw at you next. Mr. Thorpe has done this with voice and sound. It differs a bit from the canon in that Corax left Istavann on his own two feet (hasnt it been known that he left wounded and in statis?) You also find that his personel weapon is a Heavy Bolter that he use's like a Pistol.
That's all Im telling about this stories contents. Needless to say this audiobook is a MUST have for the Horus Heresey Fan in all 40k Players.
Well done Gav Thorpe, VERY WELL DONE.
Next on the reading list, when they get here, that is.....
The Inquisition War
Soul Hunter
A Thousand Sons
One other thing I learned in catching all the blog's I regularly stop at. I will have to get much better at this before I come close to most of you all's (yes I'm a red neck) skill level.
Anyway, keep modeling, and remember HAVE FUN




No comments:

Post a Comment